Tuesday, June 27, 2006

Googling Scotty

A while back, as an experiment of sorts, I "Googled" my Dad. Amazingly enough, all sorts of strange and wonderous things appeared. Some more strange than wonderous, but it certainly got me to thinking. Is there a need? There's always a need! So here I am, barely, trying my sea legs, attempting to track down the mystery behind the man that was Foreman Scotty and also my Dad. One of the less strange and more wonderous hits I got from my google search, was a weblog with an extremely unique name, by a man named Steven W. Terrell. Not only was Steve one of Foreman Scotty's Kids, but he now has a fan base one larger. Steve's an incredible writer, in addition to being a political reporter and music columnist for the "Sante Fe New Mexican". "I grew up in OKC, and Foreman Scotty is an important part of my life and my personal mythology. My brother and I still talk about "Dogman Robots", Hog Waller etc. I remember when I was just 4 0r 5, 3-D Danny and Foreman Scotty did a live show from Wedgwood Amusement Park. My Mom and Grandmother took me there. The day before the announcer said if you're there and you see the robot sneaking up on our heroes, be sure to warn them. Well, sure enough there at Wedgwood there came that robot -- I think he was made out of cardboard boxes -- sneaking up on 3-D and Scotty. So I not only yelled to warn them, I ran out on the set. I was crying, scared of the damn robot and I'm sure I ruined the scene. But I remember your Dad and Danny being very nice and reassuring me, even though they had every right to strangle me. Good luck, and thanks for contacting me. Steve Terrell"

1 comment:

Steve Terrell said...

Thanks for the kind words, Lisa. Good luck with the blog and beware the Dogman Robots!

swt